© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 250g (10oz) Wholemeal Flour
- 220g (9oz) White Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tsp baking Powder
- 280ml Buttermilk
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Preheat the oven to 190°C / 375° F / Gas Mark 5
- Sift the flour, soda, baking powder and salt together. Add the milk and egg and mix.
- Knead on a floured surface until smooth. Shape into a round and place on a baking tray. Make a cross shape on top of the cake and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- This mix can also be used for scones