A delicious recipe for a warm chocolate pudding from 'At Home in Renvyle' cookery book by Tim O'Sullivan
- 80ml Cream
- 100g Plain Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons Brandy
- Heat the cream in a pan until hot but not boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until melted and add the Brandy.
- Pour into a bowl and chill for 2-3 hours.
Pudding Case Ingredients
- 100g Butter, softened
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 90g Self Raising Flour
- 50g Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 200°c/ 400°f/ Gas 6
- Lightly grease 4 x 150ml pudding bowls. Line the bases with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Gradually add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and stir lightly.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon pudding mixture into the base of each mould. Place a ball of the chocolate filling into each mould.
- Top the remaining with pudding mixture. Level and cover with greaseproof paper. Secure with string.
- Place moulds on a grill rack over a roasting tin half-filled with boiling water.
- Cover with foil, place in oven and cook for 30-35 minutes. Turn the puddings out onto warmed serving plates and dust with icing sugar.