Connemara Seafood Chowder
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- 250g (10oz) Potatoes
- 2 Onions (diced)
- 150g (6oz) diced Carrots, Leeks and Celery
- 300g (12oz) Cubed Fish: Smoked Haddock, Cod, Shrimp, Mussels, Salmon & Monkfish
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 125ml Cream
- 1 ½ litres Fish Stock
- ½ Glass of Brandy
- ¼ Litre Milk
- 50g (2oz) Chopped Parsley
- Melt the butter in a large pot; add carrots, leeks, celery and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves and brandy and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add fish stock and milk and bring to the boil. Then add the fish and simmer for 5-8 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add cream and parsley, season with salt and pepper and bring back to the boil.
- Serve with homemade brown bread.
Packages & Special Offers