Kylemore Abbey & Victorian Walled Gardens
Only a 12-minute drive from Renvyle House Hotel, Kylemore is the home of the Benedictine Nuns and stands at the edge of the lake, surrounded by woodlands, in what is one of the most iconic views of Ireland. Its beautiful Victorian Walled Gardens are also well worth the visit.
The Gothic castle was built in 1865 by Mitchell Henry, an English businessman, for his wife. After the tragic death of his wife he lost interest in the estate, which was bought by the Benedictine Nuns when they fled their convent in Ypres during the 1st World War. Open to the public are the Victorian Walled Gardens, the Gothic Chapel, part of the Abbey and a beautiful craft shop.
You can find more information by >>clicking here
- Valentine's Weekend Fri 13th - Sun 15th February 2015 Book Now
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- 3 Night Break with Dinner on 2 Evenings Book Now
- 2 Night Break with Dinner on 1 Evening Book Now
- Summer Family Breaks 2015 Book Now