West Coast Seafood Chowder
50g (2oz) Butter
250g (10oz) Potatoes
2 Onions (diced)
150g (6oz) diced Carrots, Leeks and Celery
300g (12oz) Cubed Fish: Smoked Haddock, Cod, Shrimp, Mussels, Salmon & Monkfish
Salt and Pepper
2 Bay Leaves
1 ½ litres Fish Stock
½ Glass of Brandy
¼ Litre Milk
50g (2oz) Chopped Parsley
Melt the butter in a large pot; add carrots, leeks, celery and onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
Add potatoes, bay leaves and brandy and cook for a further 3 minutes. Add fish stock and milk and bring to the boil. Then add the fish and simmer for 5-8 minutes over a medium heat.
Add cream and parsley, season with salt and pepper and bring back to the boil.
Serve with homemade brown bread.
- Valentine's Weekend Fri 13th - Sun 15th February 2015 Book Now
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- 3 Night Break with Dinner on 2 Evenings Book Now
- 2 Night Break with Dinner on 1 Evening Book Now
- Summer Family Breaks 2015 Book Now