Courgettes with Almonds
This is a lovely way to cook courgettes. The fried courgettes make a good contrast in texture and taste to the cream and the browned almonds.
© 'At Home in Renvyle' by Tim O'Sullivan
40g plain flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
40g sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Salt and pepper
10ml lemon juice
Trim the ends of the courgettes and cut into 2cm strips. Dip in flour.
Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the courgettes in small amounts at a time. Cook until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm.
Add the almonds to the pan, cook until brown, stir in the cream and lemon juice. Season to taste and heat gently.
Place the courgettes in a serving dish.
Garnish with cream, almonds and chopped chives on top.
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Brown Bread Soda
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Lamb with a Herb and Mustard Crust
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- One Night Only Offer - Saturday 30th August Book Now
- Autumn Midweek Breaks incl. of 3 Dinners & 2 Bar Food meals Book Now
- Summer Holidays Family Break Book Now
- Summer Holidays 2014 Book Now
- Wild Atlantic Way Break Book Now