Courgettes with Almonds
This is a lovely way to cook courgettes. The fried courgettes make a good contrast in texture and taste to the cream and the browned almonds.
© 'At Home in Renvyle' by Tim O'Sullivan
40g plain flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
40g sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Salt and pepper
10ml lemon juice
Trim the ends of the courgettes and cut into 2cm strips. Dip in flour.
Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the courgettes in small amounts at a time. Cook until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm.
Add the almonds to the pan, cook until brown, stir in the cream and lemon juice. Season to taste and heat gently.
Place the courgettes in a serving dish.
Garnish with cream, almonds and chopped chives on top.
- Valentine's Weekend Fri 13th - Sun 15th February 2015 Book Now
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- 3 Night Break with Dinner on 2 Evenings Book Now
- 2 Night Break with Dinner on 1 Evening Book Now
- Summer Family Breaks 2015 Book Now