Courgettes with Almonds
This is a lovely way to cook courgettes. The fried courgettes make a good contrast in texture and taste to the cream and the browned almonds.
© 'At Home in Renvyle' by Tim O'Sullivan
40g plain flour
4 tablespoons olive oil
40g sliced almonds
2 tablespoons chopped chives
Salt and pepper
10ml lemon juice
Trim the ends of the courgettes and cut into 2cm strips. Dip in flour.
Heat the oil and butter in a pan and add the courgettes in small amounts at a time. Cook until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper. Keep warm.
Add the almonds to the pan, cook until brown, stir in the cream and lemon juice. Season to taste and heat gently.
Place the courgettes in a serving dish.
Garnish with cream, almonds and chopped chives on top.
- Christmas Mince Pies
- Mrs. Coyle's Crabapple Jelly
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Fennel Soup
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Brown Bread Soda
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- Painting Breaks 17th May 2015 Book Now
- 2015 Midweek Breaks - Stay 2 nights B&B with 1 Dinner Book Now
- Room Rates Book Now
- Over Night Breaks with Dinner Book Now