Crispy Breast of Duckling
Crispy breast of duckling, toasted aubergine, root vegetables, sweet chilli sauce and crispy green cabbage.
© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 4 Duck Breasts
- 75g (3oz) Green Cabbage
- 4 Aubergine Slices
- 50g (2oz) of the Following:
- Bok Choy
- Baby Leeks
- Salt and Pepper
- 50g (2oz) Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Cream
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- 6g (¼ oz) Grated Ginger
- 1 Glass of Olive Oil
- 1 egg white
- 25g (1oz) Sesame Seeds
- Pre-heat Oven to 220°F /Gas Mark 6. Prepare the vegetables first. Peel the vegetables and cut into cubes. Cook in a pot with the oil and ginger for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste. Keep Warm.
- In a hot pan heat some oil. Season the duck breasts and seal in the pan on both sides. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. When cooked keep warm under a grill to crisp the skin.
- Shred the cabbage very finely and deep fry in hot oil until crispy. Place on kitchen paper.
- Reduce the cream in a pot by half and add the sweet chilli sauce.
- Season the aubergines and dip in egg white and coat with sesame seeds. Cook in oil until crispy.
To Assemble the Dish:
- On warm plates, place the vegetables on the centre of the plate with the aubergine.
- Place the duck on top with the cabbage, pour sauce on the base of the plate and garnish with turned vegetables and a sprinkle of sweet chilli sauce.
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Brown Bread Soda
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Lamb with a Herb and Mustard Crust
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- Summer Holidays Family Break Book Now
- Summer Holidays 2014 Book Now
- Wild Atlantic Way Break Book Now
- Painting Breaks 21st September 2014 Book Now
- October Bank Holiday Weekend Book Now