Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
Herb crusted roulade of salmon and prawns with creamed cheese, pickled cucumber, mixed salad leaves and curried crème fraiche
© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 150g (6oz) Smoked Salmon (thinly sliced)
- 200g (8oz) Cream Cheese
- Salt, Pepper and Lemon Juice
- 200g (8oz) Parsley
- 200g (8oz) Tarragon
- 200g (8oz) Fennel
- 200g (8oz) Chives
- Pinch of Salt
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes
- ½ Cucumber (pickled)
- 12 Prawn Tails (cooked and shelled)
- 1 Cup Crème Fraiche
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- Finely chop the herbs, season with salt and pepper. Lay 30cm (12 inch) cling film on a work top and cover with the herb crust mix.
- Put the cream cheese in a bowl and mix in the prawns and lemon juice.
- Place the smoked salmon on top of the herbs. Cover with the cheese mix and roll into a roulade. Chill in the fridge for 4-5 hours.
- Mix the curry powder into the crème fraiche.
- To Assemble the Dish: Slice the roulade in 5cm (1½ inch) rolls. Place in the centre of the plate. Garnish with curry crème fraiche, cherry tomato, pickled cucumber and a dash of tomato oil and pesto.