Tim's Connemara Scallops
This is Tim's recipe for Connemara Scallops as seen on TG4's Feilte Programme which was aired on Thursday 29th July
(for 4 people)
- 16 scallops
- 400 gm peas
- 100 gm vegetables - shallots, celery, carrots and fennel
- 4 slices of pancetta
- ½ glass white wine vinegar
- 200 ml cream
- 200 gm butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Selection of mixed lettuce leaves
- Segments of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of Tim's Salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons of diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons of diced beetroot.
- Put peas in a pot with boiling water. Cook for 6 minutes. Strain and puree in a blender.
- Remove scallops from their shell. Trim and clean. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place vegetables and white wine vinegar in a pot. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add cream. Reduce by a third.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in 140 gm of butter. Keep warm.
- Place pancetta in baking tray and cook in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Re-heat the pea puree. Heat a light coating of oil in a hot pan, add the scallops and cook for 2 - 3 minutes on each side.
- Place on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Warm 4 serving plates. Place pea puree on plates. Place scallops on top. Dress with the sauce and pancetta.
- Garnish with fennel sprigs and diced tomato and beetroot.
- Dress the salad leaves with segments of orange and the salad dressing
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Brown Bread Soda
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Lamb with a Herb and Mustard Crust
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- St. Patrick’s Weekend Book Now
- Easter Bank Holiday Book Now
- Easter Midterm Breaks Book Now
- Spring Magic Midweek Breaks Book Now
- March Madness Book Now