Tim's Fruit Scones
These are the perfect scone (in our humble opinion!) and best served with raspberry jam and freshly whipped cream along with a lovely cup of tea.
© At Home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan
- 400g plain white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100g butter or margarine
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 90g granulated sugar
- 120g sultanas
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 170c/ 325f/ Gas 3
- Sift the flour and salt and lightly run in the butter or margarine.
- Sift in the baking powder and sugar and add the sultanas. Mix well.
- Add all the milk and beaten egg and mix to a spongy dough. Knead lightly to make the dough smooth ad roll out to half an inch ( 1½ cm)thick.
- Cut out with a 5cm cutter, brush with egg and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.