Tim's Fruit Scones
These are the perfect scone (in our humble opinion!) and best served with raspberry jam and freshly whipped cream along with a lovely cup of tea.
© At Home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan
- 400g plain white flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 100g butter or margarine
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- 90g granulated sugar
- 120g sultanas
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 170c/ 325f/ Gas 3
- Sift the flour and salt and lightly run in the butter or margarine.
- Sift in the baking powder and sugar and add the sultanas. Mix well.
- Add all the milk and beaten egg and mix to a spongy dough. Knead lightly to make the dough smooth ad roll out to half an inch ( 1½ cm)thick.
- Cut out with a 5cm cutter, brush with egg and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Brown Bread Soda
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Lamb with a Herb and Mustard Crust
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- St. Patrick’s Weekend Book Now
- Easter Bank Holiday Book Now
- Easter Midterm Breaks Book Now
- Spring Magic Midweek Breaks Book Now
- March Madness Book Now