Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 3 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 7 Egg Yolks
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- Fruit from 3 Passionfruits
- Preheat oven to 300°C
- Put cream and vanilla pod in a pot and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and castor sugar in a large bowl. When the cream is hot remove the vanilla pod.
- Whisk in the cream to the egg mix slowly.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla pod with the passion fruit to the mix.
- Divide into 6 ramekin dishes.
- Fill a shallow roasting pan with water to half way.
- Place dishes in water and bake in oven for ¾ hour.
- Remove dishes from water and chill for 3-4 hours.
- To serve sprinkle some fine sugar on top, caramalise with a propane torch. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- Christmas Mince Pies
- Mrs. Coyle's Crabapple Jelly
- Tower of Crabmeat
- Herb Crusted Roulade of Salmon
- Connemara Seafood Chowder
- Pear and Fennel Soup
- Crispy Breast of Duckling
- Pan Seared Sea bass
- Tim's Connemara Scallops
- Roast Rack of Lamb
- Connemara Lamb Shank
- Courgettes with Almonds
- Pear and Apricot Filo Roulade
- Rhubarb and Ginger Crumble
- Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
- Brown Bread Soda
- Tim's Fruit Scones
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- Painting Breaks 17th May 2015 Book Now
- 2015 Midweek Breaks - Stay 2 nights B&B with 1 Dinner Book Now
- Room Rates Book Now
- Over Night Breaks with Dinner Book Now