Passion Fruit and Vanilla Crème Brulée
© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 3 Cups Whipping Cream
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 7 Egg Yolks
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Castor Sugar
- Fruit from 3 Passionfruits
- Preheat oven to 300°C
- Put cream and vanilla pod in a pot and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and castor sugar in a large bowl. When the cream is hot remove the vanilla pod.
- Whisk in the cream to the egg mix slowly.
- Add the seeds from the vanilla pod with the passion fruit to the mix.
- Divide into 6 ramekin dishes.
- Fill a shallow roasting pan with water to half way.
- Place dishes in water and bake in oven for ¾ hour.
- Remove dishes from water and chill for 3-4 hours.
- To serve sprinkle some fine sugar on top, caramalise with a propane torch. Garnish with fresh mint leaves.
- 5-Night Spring Midweek Break Book Now
- Summer Family Breaks 2015 Book Now
- Summer Breaks 2015 Book Now
- Painting Breaks 17th May 2015 Book Now
- Knitting & Needlework Weekend 13th & 14th March 2015 Book Now