Crispy breast of duckling, toasted aubergine, root vegetables, sweet chilli sauce and crispy green cabbage.
© At home in Renvyle by Tim O’Sullivan, 2005
- 4 Duck Breasts
- 75g (3oz) Green Cabbage
- 4 Aubergine Slices
- 50g (2oz) of the Following:
- Bok Choy
- Baby Leeks
- Salt and Pepper
- 50g (2oz) Sweet Chilli Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Cream
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- 6g (¼ oz) Grated Ginger
- 1 Glass of Olive Oil
- 1 egg white
- 25g (1oz) Sesame Seeds
- Pre-heat Oven to 220°F /Gas Mark 6. Prepare the vegetables first. Peel the vegetables and cut into cubes. Cook in a pot with the oil and ginger for 10-15 minutes. Season to taste. Keep Warm.
- In a hot pan heat some oil. Season the duck breasts and seal in the pan on both sides. Place in the oven for 10-15 minutes. When cooked keep warm under a grill to crisp the skin.
- Shred the cabbage very finely and deep fry in hot oil until crispy. Place on kitchen paper.
- Reduce the cream in a pot by half and add the sweet chilli sauce.
- Season the aubergines and dip in egg white and coat with sesame seeds. Cook in oil until crispy.
To Assemble the Dish:
On warm plates, place the vegetables on the centre of the plate with the aubergine.
Place the duck on top with the cabbage, pour sauce on the base of the plate and garnish with turned vegetables and a sprinkle of sweet chilli sauce.