TIM’S CONNEMARA SCALLOPS
© Tim O’Sullivan, ‘At Home in Renvyle’, Renvyle House Hotel, Connemara, Co. Galway.
- 16 scallops
- 400 gm peas
- 100 gm vegetables - shallots, celery, carrots
- and fennel
- 4 slices of pancetta
- 1⁄2 glass white wine vinegar
- 200 ml cream
- 200 gm butter
- Olive oil
- Salt & black pepper
- Juice of 1⁄4 lemon
- Selection of mixed lettuce leaves
- Segments of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons of Tim's Salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons of diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons of diced beetroot.
- Put peas in a pot with boiling water. Cook for 6 minutes. Strain and puree in a blender.
- Remove scallops from their shell. Trim and clean. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Place vegetables and white wine vinegar in a pot. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add cream. Reduce by
- a third. Remove from heat. Whisk in 140 gm of butter. Keep warm.
- Place pancetta in baking tray and cook in hot oven for 10 minutes.
- Re-heat the pea puree. Heat a light coating of oil in a hot pan, add the scallops and cook for 2 -
- 3 minutes on each side.
- Place on kitchen paper and keep warm.
- Warm 4 serving plates. Place pea puree on plates. Place scallops on top. Dress with the sauce
- and pancetta.
- Garnish with fennel sprigs and diced tomato and beetroot. Dress the salad leaves with
- segments of orange and the salad dressing