Gardening Weekend: Friday 1st to Sunday 3rd March
A gardening weekend with Mr. Klaus Laitenberger, Organic Gardening Expert and Author and Ms. Anja Gohlke, Head Gardner at Kylemore Abbey
With workshops over the weekend with Mr. Klaus Laitenberger, Organic Gardening Expert and Author and Ms. Anja Gohlke, Head Gardner at Kylemore Abbey. Klaus and Anja will cover some of the practicalities of preparing in early Spring for the Seasons ahead. Along with guest speaker Fionnuala Fallon – Irish Times Gardening Journalist and Cut Flower Grower.
A few topics of interest:
- Gardening jobs in March
- Seed sowing demonstration
- Planting onions and garlic
- Growing healthy vegetables (preventing pests and diseases)
- Growing food in a polytunnel or greenhouse with Klaus
- Growing Cut Flowers with Fionnuala Fallon
- Trip to Kylemore Abbey Gardens with Anja
- Cooking demonstration with Head Chef and Eurotoques Commissioner, Tim O'Sullivan
- Practical: forage walk in the Herb Garden and identify delicious herbs and edible weeds.
- Practical: Lazy beds – a traditional method of growing potatoes on poor land
After a busy day of learning and gardening, enjoy a wonderful dinner in the award winning Roisin Dubh restaurant at Renvyle House Hotel.
Weekend Prices: €199.00pp and include:
- 2 Night accommodation with Breakfast each morning,
- 1 Dinner in our award winning restaurant
- Quiz on Saturday evening.
- Gardening demonstrations and tips with Klaus Laitenberger,
- Afternoon field trip to Kylemore Victorian Walled Garden and evening entertainment.
- Complimentary starter Seed Pack to bring home
Book Now | T: 095 46100 | E: email@example.com
Header Image Copyright: alexraths / 123RF Stock Photo